Yeast, also known as candida, can impact your fertility by causing your internal vagina’s flora to become unbalanced, making it difficult for sperm to reach the uterus.
Candida is a common yeast that lives in our gut, and an overgrowth of it can lead to leaky gut syndrome, which wreaks havoc with many of the body’s systems, including the endocrine system, that plays a huge role in reproduction and fertility
Yeast can also impact estrogen levels in the body, causing thyroid problems and hormonal imbalances. Yeast problems can come from frequent or long-term use of antibiotics, birth control pills, or eating foods with a lot of sugar. Getting rid of yeast is an important step in rebalancing your body so it can heal itself.
Some ways to rid your body of yeast:
- Do a yeast or candida cleanse, that can be bought online, at health food store or nature food store.
- Acidophillus can help control candida.
- Flaxseed is known to help control yeast.
- Garlic is an enemy of yeast. Take garlic capsules, juice garlic and eat lots of raw garlic.
- Avoid sugar and white flour foods. These can include sugary juices, desserts, breads, crackers, pre-packaged meals, soda. Be alert to foods with hidden sugar, such as salad dressings or ketchup. Avoid alcohol, chocolate, cakes and carbonated beverages.
- Eat plain yogurt.
- Consider taking probiotics in a supplement form.
- Enzyme supplements are available that are made specifically to fight yeast.
- Replace your regular salt with Celtic salt or kosher salt.