Every day, we come into contact with heavy metals that can disrupt our fertility. As much as possible, you’ll want to start paying attention to the metals you may be unintentionally bringing into your body through the products you use and your lifestyles choices. Cosmetics, drinking soda straight from a can, deodorants that contain aluminum, solvents in dry cleaning, exposure to radiation, all contain metals that can find their way into our body, causing metabolic disruptions in organs, such as our heart, brain, kidneys and liver.
Because heavy metals are so common in our world, most of us have them in our systems.
There are a variety of heavy metal cleanses available online and in health food stores. You may want to do this cleanse more than once. This is, however, a cleanse to be done before you start infertility treatments and medications.
Along with a heavy metal cleanse, here are some additional ways to cleanse your body of heavy metals:
- Garlic is known to help reduce metal levels in the body. It contains the antioxidant allicin. You can eat garlic raw, include it in your cooking or juice it. To juice, simply peel the garlic, juice, and drink combined with lemon juice and water. Have a big glass of water nearby to help reduce stomach discomfort.
- Milk thistle is an herb that can also help remove heavy metals from the liver.
- Cilantro is a powerful herb that is known for binding heavy metals and whisking them out of the body.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid and Gluthatione are powerful supplements for helping cells remove heavy metals from the body.
- Chlorella is a fresh water algae loaded with chlorophyll. Buy it in powder form and mix with water for fast absorption. It can also be taken in capsule or tablet form.
- A steam bath can help remove metals.
- Burdock is a potent blood purifier and can remove heavy metals from the body. It also helps purify the liver.
- Onions contain the antioxidant quercetin, which helps remove heavy metals from the body. Add to your salads daily or juice them.