The lymph is a very important, but often overlooked, system in the body that impacts fertility. It is so important that some health practitioners believe that a clogged, sluggish, toxic lymph system accounts for many illnesses in the body.
The lymph system is a complex system of vessels and ducts that move fluid and toxins out of the body. A sluggish lymph system means the body is not disposing of waste properly. This affects fertility because the lymphatic system plays a key role in the circulation of hormones, and a stagnant lymphatic system can impact the feedback system of these hormones.
A cleansed lymph system can help revive sluggish, congested ovaries and reduce acid levels in the vagina.
Lack of exercise, a sedentary lifestyle, stress, chronic digestive imbalances, and a high-sodium diet, can make the lymphatic system sluggish and ineffective.
Symptoms of a sluggish lymph system include feeling tired and fatigued, getting sick a lot, being overweight, having fatty deposits of cellulite, acne, rashes, as well as having lots of food sensitivities and allergies.
Some believe that fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome are a result of a clogged lymph system.
Here are some ways to cleanse the lymph system:
- To help the flow of your lymph system, drink plenty of high-quality water each day. Staying well hydrated is key to a healthy lymph system.
- Eliminate, as much as you can, sugar, soda and fruit juices from your die
- Always remember that the lymph system has no pump, so it is up to you to help keep your lymph flowing by drinking lots of water and moving your body. Exercises such as jumping on a mini-trampoline, dancing, walking or swimming are helpful. Jumping helps the lymphatic circulation by stimulating the millions of one-way valves in the system. If you are laid up due to a surgery or illness, it is important to find ways to move the lymph system, such as a lymph massage of a self-massage.
- Do deep breathing exercises.
• Eat lots of green vegetablesto purify the blood and lymph.
• Essential fatty acids are important to the lymph. Walnuts and flaxseeds give the lymph system the fatty acids it needs. Almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, Brazil nuts, coconut oil and flaxseed oil also provide essential fatty acid.
- Use a natural bristle brush to brush your skin in circular motions, upward from the feet to the torso, before showering.
- Avoid processed foods that have artificial preservatives, flavors, colors, stabilizers, which includes many packaged and fast foods. These can also include hot dogs, canned foods, cereals, packaged dinners and luncheon meats.
- Avoid fatty foods and white breads.
• Raw fruit is a powerful lymph cleanser.
- Cranberries and cranberry juice can also help emulsify fat in the lymph system.
- Foods that help the lymph system include beets, onions, garlic, avocados, seaweed, kelp, kombu, kale, radish and mustard greens.
- Juice one green drink a day.
- Eat lots of citrus fruits, like lemons and limes.
- Take chlorophyll to help purify your lymph system.
- Consider an apple cider vinegar cleanse that combines honey, garlic and apple cider in a blender.
- Herbs such as Echinacea, Goldenseal and Astragalus can lessen congestion and swelling in the lymphatic system.
- One of the ways to cleanse your lymph system is a lymphatic massage, sometimes called manual lymphatic drainage.
Lymph massage is a very gentle form of deep tissue massage that moves the lymph under your skin, freeing trapped toxins and improves lymph flow in the body. It combines a gentle pressure with soft pumping movements in the direction of the lymph nodes in the body. You can find this type of practitioner by searching ‘lymphatic drainage massage with your city/town/’ or by searching holistic practitioners in your area, who might be able to direct you to someone who does this type of massage.
- Massaging under your arms can be helpful in relieving congestion. Place your fingertips under your armpit. Then gently push inward, towards the center of your body. Repeat this circular motion.
- Acupuncture is very helpful to the lymph system.
- Drink a cup of red clover tea each day.
- Laugh from your belly, which helps pump your lymphatic system.
- Avoid white flour products, white rice, bread and pasta, as much as possible.
- Eating foods high in potassium can improve your lymph system. These include bananas, raisins, dates, spinach and orange juice.
- Sip hot water throughout the day.
- Beets are healthy for the lymph system.
- Cayenne pepper can boost a sluggish lymph system and reduce mucous congestion.
- Stop using underarm deodorants that contain aluminium and clog the natural excretion of toxins from the lymph system.
- Stop wearing tight bras.
- Letting yourself feel your congested emotions encourages natural detoxification of the lymph system. Allow yourself to feel. Let yourself express your grief through crying, moving anger out of your body, talking, writing or whatever way your body chooses. Honor and express your emotions.