The pituitary gland is sometimes called the master gland of the body, because all the other endocrine glands depend on its secretion for stimulation. It is a tiny gland located at the base of the brain and is sometimes referred to as the thermostat of the body because it controls the other hormone secreting glands. High protein foods help the pituitary gland to release its hormones, because the building blocks of proteins are amino acids.
Emotionally, problems with the pituitary gland can come from not respecting your inner wisdom and/or pretending to be someone your not.
Here are some ways to strengthen your pituitary gland:
• Bee pollen
• Omega-3 oil
• Chia seeds
• Manganese is important to a healthy pituitary gland. Foods that contain manganese include citrus fruits, green leaves, and egg yokes.
• Walk at least 20 minutes a day in sunlight. This will encourage the pituitary gland to produce helpful levels of ovary-stimulating hormones. You also might want to consider a Vitamin D supplement.
• L-Arginine is an amino acid that promotes the section of HGH.
• Fenugreek stimulates the release of HGH while giving your energy levels a kick.
• Get more sleep
• In traditional Chinese medicine, the pituitary gland is part of bonding with others, sharing words and ideals. Think about and journal about this aspect of your life, and what you may need to address emotionally.
• Include meat and protein in your diet.