Cleansing your colon can significantly improve your overall health and fertility. A colon that is diseased, inflamed or full of yeast, mold, fungus or parasites can cause a general malaise in the body and lower the body’s pH balance, making it more acidic – and acid creates a hostile environment for reproductive health.
A colon that is weighed down by years of buildup can also press on the uterus and surrounding reproductive organs.
Those who have undergone colon cleanses will attest to the dramatic improvements in how they feel afterwards. By ridding your body of decaying matter, you could very well be turning back the hands of time. Colon cleansing, sometimes called colon hydrotherapy, can rid the body of chemicals and toxins that affect the egg and sperm.
Colonic irrigation and herbal cleansings help remove toxins, parasites and mucus that have built up in the colon. By flushing out impacted waste, passing stool is easier and transit times are improved. Removing impurities goes a long way in helping the body absorb nutrients, and enhancing energy levels.
Some doctors believe that poor bowel management is at the root of many health problems, and many diseases are a result of toxins built-up in the intestinal tract that are not eliminated. A digestive tract that has a build-up of unhealthy, slow moving foods that stick to the intestinal walls result in an overburdened colon full of decaying fecal matter and foods are acid-forming. Yeasts, molds, fungus, bacteria, parasites and fecal materal can then enter the blood stream, causing what is known as leaky bowel syndrome. This results in a reduction of nutrients the body is able to absorb, and in turn impacts fertility.
Have your colon cleansed, at a licensed, reputable establishment with a long-time track record.
This can be an uncomfortable process, but in cleaning out your colon, you will be bringing new youth to your body.
You can also clean your colon with colon cleansing products available online, or at a natural foods store or supermarket.
Note: once there is even a chance that you are pregnant, stop all colon cleanses. This is something to be done only BEFORE there is any chance you are pregnant. If there is any possibility that you are pregnant, do not continue with any type of colon cleanse.
Here are some other ways to cleanse and detoxify your colon:
- Foods that help keep the colon clean include apples, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, figs, dates, avocados, spinach, Swiss chard, oatmeal, flax, and chickpeas.
- Foods to avoid include sugar, white flour, and hormone/antibiotic-filled meats that assault the body.
- Fennel and garlic are known to kill bacteria and parasites in the colon, thus improving colon function.
- Cayenne pepper and garlic are also known colon cleansers.• Flaxseeds and psyllium husk seeds help clean the colon.
- Herbs like Slippery Elm and Cascara Sagrada also are used in many colon detoxification cleanses.• Eat large amounts of fiber.
- Ginger and garlic can help with healthy bowel movements, along with some olive oil in the morning. Leafy greens and healthy fibers can also aid in elimination.
- Apples and carrots, which contain a large amount of water, go far in cleansing the colon.
- Consider juicing apples, carrots, spinach, and other green vegetables as a way to help cleanse the colon.• Be aware of your bowel movements. Make sure you are having at least one healthy bowel movement a day. Don’t hold in a bowel movement if you feel it coming.• Drink lemon, honey or maple syrup and cayenne pepper several times a day. Drink with or without food for several days as a way to cleanse the colon.
- Reduce the amount of processed foods, fast foods, pizza and foods with additives that you eat.• While detoxifying your colon, start taking probiotics as a way to replenish your intestinal flora.
- Eat a diet with a lot of high fiber vegetables, such as dark leafy greens,
- Drink a lot of high-quality water each day. Inadequate hydration can lead to a build-up of toxins in the colon.
- Juice or make a drink with vegetables daily.
- Include essential fatty acids in your diet, such as ground flax seed, evening primrose oil, cod liver oil and coconut oil.
- Eat foods rich in healthy fats, such as avocados, olive oil and nuts.
- Include more olive oil in your diet, because it reduces bile acid and increase enzymes that regulate cell turn over in the lining of the intestines.
- In Chinese medicine, the colon is one of the two organs in the metal element, and has the function of eliminating what is unnecessary or toxic in our bodies. On the emotional level, the colon enables us to let go of the garbage directed at our bodies and spirit. To heal the colon, it is important to ‘let go’ of negative experiences that may have tainted our self-worth.
For issues that are unresolved, write them on paper and burn them, thus releasing their content. Breath slowly and deeply each day. As you breath, feel the negativity, impurity and pain leave your body, and breath in energized, purified air. If you are chronically constipated, it may be that you are having a hard time letting go of something in your life, such as a past hurt, rejection or trauma. Allow yourself to accept and be open to new experiences in your life. As much as you can, make room for new, transforming experiences in your life.